For us, one of the simplest joys in life is sitting outside reading the newspaper with a hearty slice of avocado toast in the morning. We love lingering over the paper--breakfast in hand--and just collecting our thoughts before we check emails, scribble out to-do lists, and run errands. With our stress-free mornings, we appreciate an uncomplicated breakfast and avocado toast has become our go-to. Although we love the simplicity of our normal recipe--avocado, lime juice, salt, pepper--we thought we'd experiment with a new take on our favorite by adding curry powder and mustard seeds. The flavor combination of this is incredible--savory and amazingly deep. If you like avocado toast, you seriously have to try this!
- 2 Slices of Whole Grain Bread, toasted
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Curry Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Mustard Seeds
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- Step 1.) Toast your bread to desired level.
- Step 2.) Slice your avocado in half and scoop and scoop out flesh into medium bowl.
- Step 3.) Mash your avocado with the back of a fork and incorporate all of your other ingredients.
- Step 4.) Spread mixture over two slices of bread and enjoy!
- What's your favorite breakfast go-to?
- Emily + Erick