1. Office: since we spend so much time in our office, we want it to be light airy, and fun. White walls and big windows are a must so that Erick can take photos and build out a mini studio, but we also need space for a big shared desk. We'd put this Gilded Amethyst Paperweight on our desk to liven up boring paperwork and hang up fun prints above our desk to add color to the room.
2. Bedroom: Our current room is inspired by the book "Bringing The Outdoors In" by Shane Powers. We try to emulate Power's design mantra by incorporating as much of the outdoor world inside--this means lots of plants, natural elements, and homemade specimen boxes from our favorite places. This Terrra Table Lamp would fit in perfectly with our style perched on a bedside table. We also want to invest in beautiful planters (aka not the cheap plastic ones that fall apart!)
3. Bathroom: Although our dream bathroom would include tile floors and claw foot tub, we still want to make our actual bathroom as much as an oasis as possible. We love filing our home with candles and these Beach Rock Candles are perfect for a relaxing soak in the tub. Also, never underestimate the power of some quality bath products--we love picking up finds from the health food store, or mixing our own.
4. Living Area: We're not really big TV people so our living area (which will most likely be the other half of the "office") will be a comfy nook devoted to reading and relaxing. This Bubble Wall Clock would remind us to put the book down and get some zzz's when we're up late binging on Game of Thrones books.
5. Kitchen: Since we love cooking (obvious if you read our blog!), we'd like our kitchen to be good balance of form and function. We love growing our own vegetables (we have 20 heirloom tomato plants at the moment), but know that we can only winter over a few select plants like our hardiest herbs. How cute would potted herbs look on this Fire Escape Shelf in the kitchen? We also need to invest in some good serve ware--lately were loving anything ceramic and organic shaped!
Check out more fun handmade gifts for your apartment from Uncommon Goods here.
*Sponsored post note: We were compensated for this post by Uncommon Goods. All ideas expressed are our own.
Emily + Erick